This policy sets out how we collect and process any personal data you may provide to us when you use our website https://www.mjplastics.co.uk ["our site"]; e-mailing our Company; visiting our showroom or contacting us by telephone.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
This policy applies where M J Plastics Limited (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) identify as the data controller and where we are responsible for your personal data.
M J Plastics Limited have appointed a Data Protection Manager, who will be responsible for privacy matters and the protection of personal data we hold as an organization, their details are below:
Name: Andrew Butler
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: 01795 477272
M J Plastics Limited is a company registered in England and Wales registration number 1701554 whose registered office is Unit 9-10 D2 Trading Estate, Castle Road, Eurolink, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 3RH
If you are unhappy with the way we collect or process your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who are the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection.
Complaints and concerns can be lodged with the ICO via this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
We kindly ask that before any complaints are lodged with the ICO, that you contact us first to try and resolve any issues you may have.
What data do we collect?
Personal information we may collect and process from you includes:
- Contact information – such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Financial information – such as your bank account details or payment-related data.
- Technical information – this may include your IP address, browser details, location analytics, login details and any other technology information related with you using our site.
- Information provided to us by our clients which enable us to provide our services to their staff – this could include email addresses, account details or device identifiers.
- Any other personal information you may provide to us in the process of us providing you with our services.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation/Data Protection Act 2018, sensitive personal data is data which includes information about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
M J Plastics does not collect sensitive personal data about you – if we were to require it for any reason, we would seek explicit consent from you to gather this.
How do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data for the following reasons:
To provide you with the services we offer as a business
- To provide you with information you have requested from us
- To keep you updated on our business, offers and news we may have
- To manage our relationship with you as an existing or potential client
- To fulfil any legal or contractual obligations we may have which require the processing of personal data
- To arrange deliveries and collections of goods and services
- To take and process orders
- To take, or to make payments for services
- To contact you with any issues
Note - You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to provide any necessary data may mean that we cannot fulfil orders or process payments that may be due to you.
How do we obtain your data?
We can collect data about you via a variety of methods:
- From direct actions we may have with you by communicating via phone, email or post
- When you sign-up to services on our website – including our mailing list, contact forms or purchasing a service
- From automated technologies or interactions as you use our website from analytics engines and cookies – please see our section on cookies for more details.
- When you provide information to us as part of our sign-up process with you as a customer.
Our lawful purposes for collecting and processing your information
We have identified that we will use your information for the following reasons:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a lawful purpose for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you when you are not already an existing client or to transfer your data outside of the EEA and recognized third countries. You have the right to withdraw consent (where applicable) at any time by emailing our Data Protection Manager at email@example.com.
Who do we share your information with?
We may need to share or store your information with third parties in order to provide you with our services or to market to you, these third parties include:
Where we do share your information with third parties, M J Plastics Limited ensures that the highest levels of data protection are in place in accordance with the law. Third parties with whom we share data are only permitted to process this data for the specified purposes we stipulate with them.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation/Data Protection Act (2018), you have certain rights regarding your personal data, these include:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
You may exercise any of these rights by raising a subject access request with us. You can do this by contacting out Data Protection Manager via the details below:
Name: Andrew Butler
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: 01795 477272
We will not charge you for making a request and we will make all reasonable efforts to respond to you within 30 days. Sometimes it may take longer than 30 days to gather all the information we may hold on you, in this situation we will keep you updated at all times.
You can instruct us at any time to stop processing your personal data for the purposes of marketing.
We may refuse your request or withhold any personal information that you request if there is an overriding legal reason for us to do so.
M J Plastics Limited takes the security of your information extremely seriously. In order to protect your data, we implement a risk-based approach to adopt the strongest organizational and technical controls in order to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your data.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
The cookies we use
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies:
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The method for doing so differs with each browser, the following guides for the most common internet browsers detail the processes for doing this:
Blocking cookies may impact your experience on our website as you may not be able to make full use of the features on it.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This policy applies to emails sent to M J Plastics Ltd with information that you provide to us during your communication. This includes information provided at the time of contact with us or requesting further future services from us. We may also ask you for information during your communication with us. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Visiting our showroom
This policy applies to information provided when visiting a premise of M J Plastics Ltd or premises being used by M J Plastics Ltd for trading/marketing purposes at time of visit. This includes information provided at the time of visit. We may also ask you for further information during your visit to us in order to assist in your enquiries. We may keep a record of that correspondence.
Contacting us by telephone
This policy applies when contacting M J Plastics Ltd via telephone to any number used by our Company at the time of your contact. Any information provided at time of contact may be used for trading/marketing purposes. We may also ask you for further information during your contact with us in order to assist in your enquiries. We may keep a record of that correspondence.
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last reviewed on 16th May 2018. Any questions about this policy can be directed to our Data Protection Manager via the details set out in section 2 of this policy.